Mushroom Cream Sauce with Pasta by Louisa of Living Lou
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pieces of bacon, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 1/2 an onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tbsp butter
- 1 lb white button mushrooms, sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2/3 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup 15% cream
- 1 package of fettuccine pasta, cooked according to package directions
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add onion and bacon, sauté for 3-5 minutes.
- Add garlic, cook for another minute or until fragrant.
- Next, add butter, mushrooms, and fresh thyme. Sauté for 3 minutes or until mushrooms begin to cook down.
- Finally, add the white wine, cooking for 3-5 minutes, then add the cream and simmer for 2-4 minutes or until sauce has thickened up.
- Remove sprigs of thyme and serve over pasta.
For more blogger recipes visit blog.mushrooms.ca.