Reinvent family-favourite meals with local products
With a growing desire to shop local, there is an easy and convenient way to switch up your grocery list with products that are prepared in Canada. With more brands made locally than you may think, it’s easy to shop local from the comfort of your nearest grocery store.
Featuring Canadian-made sauce, meatless meatballs and veggies, this tasty recipe brings excitement to the dinner table.
Banh Mi Sandwiches
Prep time: 15 minutes
• 1 cup (250 mL) matchstick carrots
• ½ cup matchstick daikon
• ½ cup matchstick cucumber
• 1 jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
• 2/3 cup rice wine vinegar
• 2 tbsp white vinegar
• 1 jar VH General Tao Sauce, divided
• 2 tbsp canola oil
• 12 Gardein Meatless Meatballs
• 1 baguette, halved lengthwise and cut into 4 sections crosswise, toasted
• 1/3 cup packed cilantro leaves
1. Stir together carrots, daikon, cucumber, jalapeño, rice wine vinegar, white vinegar and 2 tbsp General Tao Sauce. Let stand for 15 minutes.
2. Heat oil in large skillet set over medium-high heat. Cook Meatless Meatballs for 5 to 8 minutes or until browned all over. Stir in remaining General Tao Sauce; bring to boil. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until meatballs are heated through and well coated in sauce.
3. Assemble meatballs in baguette with pickled vegetables and cilantro.