This fresh take on a classic steak features a flavourful combination of garbanzo beans, tomato, onion, balsamic vinegar and basil. It’s easy to prepare and even easier to enjoy.
Mediterranean Style Grilled Rib Steak
Prep Time: 5 min
Total Time: 15 min
• 4 6-oz (170 g) 100% Canadian AAA Angus beef rib steaks
• Salt and pepper, to taste
• 4 cups canned garbanzo beans
• 3 tomatoes cut into quarters
• 1 red onion, shaved
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1 bunch fresh basil
1. Pre-heat grill on high.
2. Season steaks with salt and pepper, place on grill and cook for roughly 5 min on each side (or to your liking).
3. Rinse garbanzos and mix with tomatoes, red onions, olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
4. Place garbanzo salad mixture on plate. Slice cooked steak into strips and layer atop.
5. Garnish with fresh basil.
Find more fresh recipes ideas online at walmart.ca/recipes.