We all love play-dough and all the different objects that you can mold with so I decided to add another recipe to my already growing recipe list. Having lots of alternatives for play is a great way to keep children interested in the activities that you set out for them.
Cloud Dough is interesting in shape and it has an appearance that is very similar to billowy clouds.
What you will need:
- 1 cup of Vegetable Oil
- 6 cups of Flour
- 1 cup of water (roughly)
- Optional: Tempura Paint (your choice in color)
What you need to do:
- Pour the flour into a large mixing bowl.
- Slowly pour in the oil while stirring. Mix the flour and oil together.
- If you are adding tempura paint, pour it in before the water and mix it in.
- Gradually pour in the water until the dough is soft and can be molded. You don’t want it so moist that it breaks apart and sticks to everything so you may not need a full cup of water or you may need a bit more than a cup.
- Store in an airtight container or ziplock bag.
This dough has a lot of elasticity to it and children can use it to make all sorts of shapes. Mix up the experience by giving them flowers, pebbles or other objects from nature to use when they create their masterpieces.
-Sirena Van Schaik