Firing up the grill to prepare a delicious meal for family and friends is a true Canadian pastime. Along with lots of laughs and warm sunshine – no backyard barbeque adventure is complete without the perfect burger.
This summer, Bick’s is challenging Canadians to create their own adventure by finding lost burgers on bicks.ca, and reuniting them with a crunchy pickle. Every burger has a delicious story – it’s up to you to discover every unique flavour combination. Whether your grill is filled with smoky charcoal, or sweet hickory flames, take your barbeque up a notch with adventure-inspired recipes that will wow guests. So tie on your apron and get lost in flavour with these signature burger recipes.
Inspired by the blazing heat of the desert, the Lost in the Sahara Burger is topped with creamy slices of avocado, a thick wedge of spicy jalapeno Havarti cheese and lots of zesty Bick’s Sandwich Savers Hot and Spicy Pickles that cut through the flavor with their signature tang and add a spice of their own. Biting into this mouth-watering burger will make guests feel like they’ve reached a desert oasis after a long trek across hot sands.
Hot, sizzling heat: Lost in the Sahara Burger
• 1 toasted pretzel bun
• 1 cooked beef burger
• 1 tsp (2 mL) ketchup
• 1 tsp (2 mL) Bick’s Sweet Green Relish
• 1 thin red onion slice
• 1 leaf of iceberg lettuce
• 1 slice of jalapeno Havarti cheese
• 4-5 slices of ripened avocado
• 3-5 Bick’s Sandwich Savers Hot and Spicy Pickles
• 1 fresh tomato slice
Top the bottom half of the toasted pretzel bun with ketchup, relish, onion, lettuce and the cooked beef burger. Top the burger with cheese and remaining ingredients.
Hearty hiking fare: Lost in the Mountains Burger
Take guests’ taste buds to the peak of adventure with the Lost in the Mountains burger. Adorned with a creative mix of flavourful toppings including Sliced Beets, Wine Sauerkraut and Hot Pepper Rings, it’s love at first bite with this hearty veggie burger that will have you singing from the mountain top.
• 1 thin multigrain hamburger bun, toasted
• 1 cooked vegetable burger
• 3-4 pieces of salad greens
• 4 slices of Bick’s 50% Less Salt Baby Dills pickles (sliced)
• 2-3 pieces of Bick’s Sliced Beets
• 1 tsp (2 mL) goat cheese crumbles
• ½ tsp (1 mL) Bick’s Wine Sauerkraut
• ½ tsp (1 mL) chopped sundried tomatoes
• 5-6 Bick’s Hot Pepper Rings
• ½ tsp (1 mL) ketchup
Top the bottom half of the toasted multigrain bun with salad greens and pickles. Top with burger and remaining ingredients.
Burger lovers are encouraged to visit bicks.ca for more burger inspiration.