Forget pies and sheet cakes – show off your baking chops with these Spiced Caramel Snickerdoodles. Made with caramel and cinnamon, these cookies can do no wrong.
Featuring delicious flavours, this cookie has got a little something to suit everyone’s taste buds. Another crowd pleaser? The simplicity of baking with Becel; use it 1:1 as a swap for butter to bake soft and chewy cookies every time.
Spiced Caramel Snickerdoodles
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
- ½ cup (125 mL) Becel Original margarine
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cream of tartar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) granulated sugar, divided
- ¼ cup (60 mL) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (125 mL) sea salt caramel chips
- 2 tsp (10 mL) ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp (2 mL) each of ground ginger and nutmeg
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Combine flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; set aside.
- Beat together margarine, ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar and brown sugar in a large bowl. Beat in egg and vanilla until blended. Gradually add flour mixture and beat just until blended. Stir in sea salt caramel chips.
- Stir together remaining sugar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and cayenne pepper in a shallow bowl or plate.
- Roll tablespoonfuls of dough into balls. Roll balls in sugar mixture, then place on ungreased baking sheets, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are golden. Let cool for 2 minutes on rack; transfer cookies directly to rack and let cool completely.
Tip: For Spiced Caramel Snickerdoodle Sandwich Cookies, simply spread cream cheese frosting and store-bought caramel sauce between two cookies.