These bite-sized appetizers bring together classic Italian ingredients with a taste of the tropics. Mango and mozzarella may seem like an unusual combination, but they pair together beautifully in a sweet-and-savoury way.
Mango, Mozzarella and Serrano Ham Bites
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes
Makes 4 servings
• 1 ripe mango, peeled
• 6 oz (175 mg) Saputo Mozzarellissima cheese, cut into eight 1-inch (2.5-cm) cubes
• 2 tsp (10 ml) fresh tarragon, chopped
• 4 slices Serrano ham, cut in half lengthwise
• 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
• 2 tsp (10 ml) honey
1. Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
2. Using a vegetable peeler, shave 8 thin slices of mango. Wrap one slice of mango around each cube of Mozzarellissima. Sprinkle with chopped tarragon and wrap each with a piece of Serrano ham. Brush with olive oil and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
3. Bake for 5 minutes, or until cheese starts to melt. Remove bites from the oven and drizzle with honey. Serve with cocktail toothpicks.
You can find more recipes and a chance to win $10,000 in prizes at fb.com/saputo.ca.