Charcuterie boards decked with rich cheeses, savoury meats, and succulent fruits have long been a favourite among dinner party guests, but a new trend in charcuterie is redefining the plate — seafood. Brimming with a spread perfect for seafood lovers, this awe-inspiring platter makes an exceptional centrepiece at cocktail parties and get-togethers.
“Seacuterie is one of this year’s hottest trend in entertaining,” says Kathlyne Ross, vice-president, product development, President’s Choice. “The fresh, citrus flavours of the tuna tataki and the bold smoky notes of the maple and rye cold-smoked salmon provide the perfect contrast on this stunning platter.”
Makes: 20 servings
• 1 package (600 g) black tiger shrimp, thawed
• 1 package (112 g) PC Tuna Tataki, thawed
• 1 package (150 g) smoked salmon
• 1 package (150 g) PC Maple & Rye Cold Smoked Salmon, thawed
• 1 lemon, thinly sliced
• 1/4 cup (50 mL) red onion, thinly sliced
• 2 tbsp (25 mL) capers, drained
• Assorted crackers and cut flatbreads
1. Arrange shrimp, salmon, and tuna with accompanying Tataki sauce on large serving platter or board.
2. Place lemon slices on board; scatter onion and capers over smoked salmon and lemon. Pile crackers and cut flatbread on platter just before serving.
3. Garnish with fresh sprigs of dill.
Per serving: Calories 140, fat 4.5 g, sodium 380 mg, carbohydrate 16 g, fibre 1 g, protein 10 g.