Last weekend Coraline and I went berry picking again with my sweet friend and her adorable 6 month old baby, Ronin. It was a lot of fun and in the end we ended up with a couple pints of delicious raspberries. After thinking for awhile I thought a dark chocolate chocolate chip Bundt cake with raspberry glaze was in order!
I started by making a raspberry glaze. I took one pint of raspberries, added half a cup of sugar and 1/4 cup of lemonade and let that cook down for about 20 minutes.
Coraline and I then blended the mixture up and strained it. The result was this gorgeous deep red raspberry sauce that would be delicious even on an old shoe! I couldn’t resist a spoonful or two all on its own.
After I made the glaze I decided I had to make a dark chocolate chocolate chip bundt cake as well. Coraline was eager to help (and sneak chocolate chips, of course). This was the first time I made a chocolate bundt cake and it turned out so incredibly moist!
In fact I was so pleased with how it turned out and this morning I plan to take some to my kind neighbors. Coraline helped a lot with adding the ingredients to the mixer. Cooking with Coraline truly is a bonding experience – even if the kitchen is a disaster zone after (just being honest)!
1 pint raspberries
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup lemonade
Pour all ingredients in a sauce pan. Cook over medium heat for 20 minutes. Pour cooled mixture in blender and pulse until blended. Strain raspberry sauce through mesh strainer. Makes around 3/4 cup of sauce.
Bundt Cake Ingredients
1 & 1/2 cup dark cocoa
4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup boiling water
1¾ cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon instant espresso powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
12 tablespoons soften butter (1 &1/2 sticks)
2 cups sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla
1½ cups Sour Cream
1/4 cup of raspberry glaze
1 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Coat a 12-cup Bundt pan with cooking spray.
3. Mix the cocoa and chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water over the chocolates and stir to melt.
4. Let the mixture stand to cool. Meanwhile, combine the flour, salt, instant espresso powder, and baking soda in a medium bowl.
5. Cream the butter, sugar, vanilla until creamy in a stand mixer. Add the eggs to the butter mixture and blend well.
6. Fold the sour cream into the cooled chocolate mixture until incorporated.
7. Add the flour mixture and the sour cream chocolate mixture to the butter mixture and blend well.
8. Add the mini chocolate chips to the batter and stir to incorporate.
9. Add 1/4 cup raspberry glaze to batter and combine
10. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 50 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
11. Cool the cake slightly before removing from the pan.
After the bundt cake cooled, I topped my cake with 1/2 cup of raspberry sauce combined with 1/2 cup of powdered sugar and 2 tablespoons of cream