Celebrate apple season with this sweet and savoury recipe
Apples are at their sweetest and juiciest this time of year, making them perfect for snacking or using in autumn-inspired dishes. But have you thought of adding them to your pasta?
This easy recipe brings the taste of the season to your table with the unexpected combination of harvest flavours and perfectly al dente linguine. It’s sure to become a fall favourite.
Kids will love making meal prep extra special by picking the apples at a local orchard to create your own family farm-to-table experience.
Tell us how you #ShareTheTable and find more meals at www.barilla.ca.
Barilla Caramelized Apple, Pumpkin, and Bacon Linguine
• 1 box Barilla Linguine
• 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
• 3 cups apples, peeled, diced 1/2 inch
• 3 cups pumpkin, peeled, diced 1/2 inch
• 1 tbsp fresh thyme, chopped
• 6 slices thick-cut bacon, 1/2 inch strips
• 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
• 2 oz goat cheese
• Salt and black pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 425°F (215°C). Combine olive oil, apples, pumpkin, thyme, and bacon in mixing bowl. Place on non-stick baking sheet and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until apples are caramelized and pumpkin is soft.
2. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain, reserving 1/2 cup pasta water. Place pasta and pasta water back in saucepan over medium heat. Add apple mixture and scrape all ingredients from baking sheet into pasta. Toss and heat through; season to taste.
3. Place in eight bowls and top with toasted pumpkin seeds and cheese.