Looking to mix up the next brunch you host? Impress your guests by grilling up breakfast and giving them the ultimate flavour experience.
This baked asparagus pancetta cheese tart is the perfect party-starting appetizer. A flaky crust is topped with fresh asparagus, savory pancetta, and salty parmesan. For perfect wood-fired flavour, use a Traeger Wood Pellet Grill to cook up this tasty meal.
Pair this delicate and savoury dish with a passionfruit mimosa, or locally roasted coffee, and a mixed green salad topped with goat cheese for a restaurant-worthy experience.
Baked Asparagus Pancetta Cheese Tart
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes
- 1 1/2 sheets puff pastry, chilled
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 whole eggs
- 3/8 cups goat cheese
- 6 tbsp Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 tbsp chopped chives, plus more for serving
- 12 oz thin asparagus spears
- 12 oz pancetta, cooked and drained
- Lemon zest, for serving
- Shaved Parmesan cheese, for serving
- When ready to cook, set grill temperature to 375°F (190°C) and preheat, with the lid closed for 15 minutes.
- Place puff pastry on a half sheet tray and score around the perimeter 1 inch in from the edges making sure not to cut all the way through. Prick the centre of the puff pastry with a fork.
- Place sheet tray directly on the grill grate and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until pastry has puffed and browned a little bit.
- While the pastry bakes, combine cream, 3 eggs, both cheeses and chives in small bowl. Whisk to mix well.
- Remove sheet tray from grill and pour egg mixture into the puff pastry. Lay asparagus spears on top of the egg mixture and sprinkle with cooked pancetta.
- Whisk remaining egg in a small bowl and brush the top of the pastry with egg wash.
- Place tray back on grill grate and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes until egg mixture is just set.
- Finish tart with lemon zest, more chopped chives, and shaved Parmesan.