Since Mother’s Day is only a few days away, I thought that I would post one final craft that you can do with your kids. I actually thought of these when I was at the grocery store and I was passing the flower department. There were small terracotta pots with paint brushes and paint sold in little paint your own flower pot kits. This is a great idea and you can either buy the kit or simply grab the items yourself.
Painted Terracotta Flower Pots
What you will need:
- Terracotta pot (try to go with a lighter terracotta so you won’t need to apply as much paint to cover up the pot)
- Acrylic paint (you can buy it at the dollar store or you may have some handy since you have been doing some of the crafts I have already listed)
- Paint Brushes
- Spray sealer
What you will need to do:
- Clean off the terracotta pot and sand the rough spots and bumps.
- Have your child paint the terracotta pot. You can do just about anything with them. One suggestion, however; is to apply a base coat to the pot prior to actually painting on the designs. Make sure you allow the paint to dry completely between coats
- Allow the pot to air dry. This usually takes a few hours but it is better to give it a full day before you finish it off.
- Spray the outside and inside of the terracotta pot. Usually you will need about 2 to 3 layers.
- Wrap and give to mom.
To add a little bit more to this gift, you can place a plant in the pot and not only will you have a beautiful gift for mom, but you’ll have the flowers to go with it.