Here’s a great father’s day craft that is excellent for younger children to create.
What you need:
- A magnetic strip (you can buy these at most craft stores and it usually comes in a roll)
- Juice can lid
- White glue
What you need to do:
- Cut out a circle from the construction paper that is the same size as the juice can lid. You can use the juice can lid as a stencil.
- Have your child decorate it with markers.
- Cut out a piece of construction paper that looks like a ribbon.
- Have your child decorate the ribbon.
- Using white glue, paste the circle into the front of the lid and the ribbon onto the back of the lid so it hangs down like a ribbon.
- Glue the magnetic strip to the back and dad can hang it on the fridge or on a filing cabinet in his office.
- Lastly, write in #1 Dad or have your child write it.
- Wrap and give to dad.
Since this is such an easy project, I would recommend it for any child age 6 months and up to 3 years. Of course, the younger your child, the more work you will have to put into it, but it will still be a wonderful gift on Father’s Day.
-Sirena Van Schaik