It’s a snap to personalize this birthday card for him or her.
Simply choose a design and add your own text.
Customize it with photos.
Adding a crocheted cupcake makes it even sweeter! ❤️ Linda
- Blank card – 5 ½x 4 ¼
- Scrapbook Paper – (I found a reversible sheet with “sprinkles” on one side, and birthday wording on the other. It was perfect!
- Adhesive tabs
- Yarn – #3 lightweight yarn in “confetti” for frosting and color for cupcake liner. I used green
- Size D hook
- Glue for cupcake
- Fiberfill – tiny amount for frosting
- Red button for cherry on top of frosting.
Cut a piece of the sprinkles sheet to fit on your card. Cut around a birthday wording to be adhered to your card.
With green, chain 9
- Single crochet in 2nd chain from hook, and in each chain across. (8)
- In BLO (back loop only) sc across. Chain 1, turn (8)
- – 12. Work in BLO, and single crochet across, chain 1, turn. End off and weave in ends
With Confetti, make a Magic Ring
- 6 single crochet in ring. Tighten to close ring, but do not join. Chain 1, turn (6)
- Increase in each stitch. (12)
- *Sc 1, increase. Repeat * across. Ch 1, turn. (18)
- *Sc 2, increase. Repeat * across. Ch 1, turn. (24)
- *Sc 3, increase. Repeat * across. Ch 1, turn. (30)
- *Sc 4, increase. Repeat * across. Ch 1, turn. (36)
- Turn so you will be working across rows. Sc across. Ch 1, turn (11)
- * Sc, half double crochet, double crochet in 1 stitch; double crochet, half double crochet, single crochet in next stitch. Slip stitch in next 2 stitches. Repeat * 2 more times, ending with 1 slip stitch in last stitch. End off.
- Adhere background paper piece to card.
- Adhere “happy birthday” to card.
- Glue on cupcake liner. I stretched the top of the liner to make it a tiny bit wider than the bottom.
- Glue on frosting.
- Glue on button to top for a cherry.