It is possible to enjoy delicious old fashioned home cooked dinners even on the busiest days of the week. No matter how little time you have with the kids’ activities, work and homework, there are now options available to help create delicious, nutritious meals in less than 15 minutes that your family will enjoy.
For example O’Sole Mio offers a complete range of gourmet prepared pastas and sauces with the authentic flavors of Italy and the Mediterranean. Made from the freshest ingredients and high quality meats and cheeses, this collection makes it easy to prepare restaurant-quality dishes regardless of your cooking ability.
“Our passion is to help you create simple, fresh and authentic Italian recipes to share with your family and friends,” explained Alfredo Napolitano President and Executive Chef of O’Sole Mio.
Here’s a classic Italian favorite –
Tortelloni stuffed with prosciutto served with rosée sauce and oyster mushrooms
• 125 g of fresh O’Sole Mio pasta per person
• 2 Oyster mushrooms per person
• 3 tablespoons (45 ml) of olive oil
• 1/4 cup (56 g) of onions, finely sliced
• 1 slice of prosciutto (or cooked ham) – 3 mm thick, cut in cubes per person
• 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
• 5 oz. (150 ml) of dry white wine
• 5 oz. (150 ml) of O’Sole Mio Napolitana sauce
• 2.5 oz. (75 ml) of O’Sole Mio Alfredo sauce
• 1/4 cup (56 g) of chopped parsley
• Grated Parmesan
Cooking: 10 minutes
Quantity: 2 portions
In a large pot of boiling water, sprinkle ½ a teaspoon of salt. Throw in the pasta. Cook for approximately 5 minutes, and then drain the pasta.
In a saucepan, heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat. Add the onions, the prosciutto, the oyster mushrooms and the garlic. Cook for 2 minutes. Deglaze with the white wine. Add the O’Sole Mio Napolitana sauce and the O’Sole Mio Alfredo sauce. Cook 1 minute.
Add the pasta to the sauce. Add grated Parmesan to taste. Stir well. More quick and easy recipes can be found at www.osolemio.ca.