Today I made a fresh batch of coconut oil body butter with coconut lime fragrance oil – my favorite bath & body scent! And the best part is that it only took a few minutes!
I love coconut oil: it is all natural, has a nice subtle scent on its own, and has a wonderful texture. Coconut oil also has a lovely, clean white color that I love for my bath & body items.
Here are the super-simple instructions for making your own coconut oil body butter!
Coconut Oil Body Butter
- 14 ounces coconut oil
- 1 ounce fragrance oil (optional)
- Melt the coconut oil in a microwave safe container and set aside to cool, but not harden.
- While warm, whip the coconut oil; I like to use an electric mixer until it has a nice, fluffy texture.
- If you want fragrance oil, add the fragrance oil while whipping the coconut oil.
- Spoon out the mixture into a cute jar or tin.
I always keep a tin next to me on my desk and use it on my hands and arms frequently. They also make wonderful handmade gifts!